Registration Certificate

If you wish to apply for a visa in this category then our team at Hunter Stone Law will be able to guide and assist you throughout every step of the process. In order to qualify for this visa you would have to meet the requirement of the relevant section of the Immigration Rules. However we have attempted to simplify the requirements below.

You can apply for a registration certificate if you’re a citizen of a European Economic Area (EEA) country and want to prove your right to live in the UK.

You don’t need a registration certificate, but it can:

  • make it easier to claim certain benefits and services
  • be used to support a family member’s application for an EEA family permit or residence card

You must be working, studying or able to support yourself independently to apply.  The EEA includes all EU states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, for immigration purposes, Switzerland.

Getting permanent residence

You can apply for a permanent residence card if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years as a ‘qualified person’ (ie you’ve been working, studying or supporting yourself independently). This will prove your right to live in the UK permanently.